Isuzu Utes New Zealand - Service Warranty Booklet
NEW ISUZU D-MAX/MU-X WARRANTY
Each new vehicle manufactured by ISUZU and distributed by IUNZ is hereby expressly warranted to be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal use and service. This warranty is applicable only to vehicles retailed, registered and operated within New Zealand. All warranties are additional to the implied warranties under the Consumer Guarantees Act.
The WARRANTY PERIOD for all coverage begins on the date the vehicle is first registered new in NZ (as shown on the first page of this booklet). The new Isuzu Three (3) Year Warranty period expires, Three (3) years from the date of first registration new in New Zealand no matter how many kilometres the vehicle is driven in that 3 year period. This warranty covers repairs to correct any malfunction occurring during the WARRANTY PERIOD resulting from defects in material or workmanship of the vehicle. It is at the discretion of IUNZ to repair or replace any original equipment components found to be defective under normal use and operation in New Zealand.
To obtain warranty repairs, take the vehicle to an IUNZ Authorised Dealer within the WARRANTY PERIOD, present suitable identification to verify eligibility and request the needed repairs or adjustments. A reasonable time must be allowed for the IUNZ Authorised Dealer to perform necessary repairs.
Warranty repairs (parts and/or labour) will be made at no charge. This includes replacing expendable items (e.g. oils, coolant, refrigerant, etc.), if necessary, when making these repairs.
AN IMPORTANT MESSAGE TO ISUZU D-MAX/MU-X OWNERS
IUNZ are committed to assuring your satisfaction with your new Isuzu vehicle. Your IUNZ Authorised Dealer also wants you to be completely satisfied and invites you to return for all your service needs, both during and after the warranty periods.
While any IUNZ Authorised Dealer will perform warranty service, we recommend that you return to the IUNZ Authorised Dealer who sold you your vehicle because of their continued and personal interest in you. If you are touring or move, visit any IUNZ Authorised Dealer for warranty service. In the event your vehicle breaks down due to failure of a warranted part, contact the nearest IUNZ Authorised Dealer.
It is recommended that receipts covering the performance of regular maintenance be retained. Damage to your vehicle caused by lack of maintenance is not covered under your warranties. Therefore, receipts can be very important if a question arises as to whether a malfunction is caused by lack of maintenance or a defect in material or workmanship.
VEHICLE OPERATION AND CARE
Considering the investment you have made in your new Isuzu vehicle, we know you will want to operate and maintain it properly. We urge you, therefore, to read and follow the instructions contained in your Owner’s and Driver’s Manual, and this booklet.
We suggest you keep this book in the glove compartment of your vehicle so that your IUNZ Authorised Dealer can record every service rendered to the vehicle.
We thank you for choosing Isuzu.
WHAT IS COVERED
This warranty covers repairs to correct any malfunction occurring during the WARRANTY PERIOD (Three (3) years no matter how many kilometres the vehicle is driven in that 3 year period) resulting from defects in material or workmanship of the vehicle. IUNZ will, at its discretion, repair or replace any original equipment components found to be defective under normal use and operation in New Zealand.
The battery installed in your Isuzu vehicle as original equipment by ISUZU, is covered for 3 years.
The replacement of light bulbs due to manufacturing defects will be made free of charge for the first 3,000 kilometres only.
BODY RATTLES / SQUEAKS
The rectification of body rattles and squeaks will be made free of charge for the first 3,000 kilometres only.
WHAT IS NOT COVERED
Tyres are not covered by the Isuzu vehicle warranty but by the tyre manufacturer’s warranty. Your IUNZ Authorised Dealer will be able to help you if you have any questions on tyre warranty.
DAMAGE DUE TO COLLISION OR ACCIDENTS, MISUSE, OR ALTERATIONS
Accidents or damage caused by collision, fire, theft, freezing, vandalism, riot, explosion or from objects striking the vehicle; misuse or abnormal use of the vehicle such as driving over curbs, overloading, racing, or other competition; and any non IUNZ authorised modifications and alterations to the vehicle. In addition, coverage does not apply if the odometer has stopped or been altered. Proper use is discussed in the Owner’s and Driver’s Manual.
DAMAGE OR SURFACE CORROSION FROM ENVIRONMENT
Damage or surface corrosion caused by airborne fallout (chemicals, tree sap, etc.), stones, hail, earthquake, salt water, fresh or flood water, windstorm, lightning or other environmental conditions.
DAMAGE DUE TO LACK OF MAINTENANCE OR USE OF WRONG FUEL, OIL, OR LUBRICANTS
Defects, malfunctions or failures resulting from negligence, improper adjustments or repairs, installation of non-genuine parts, improper maintenance, (carried out by other than an IUNZ Authorised Dealer) lack of required maintenance or use of fuels, oils and/or lubricants other than those recommended in the Owner’s and Driver’s Manual.
MAINTENANCE THAT IS OWNER’S EXPENSE
Normal or routine maintenance services, forced regeneration or cleaning of diesel particulate defuser, cleaning and polishing, lubricating, engine tune up, inspections and replacing of drive belts, worn brake linings, clutch disc, bulbs (after 3,000 kilometres) and wiper blades, adjustment of headlamps, wheel balancing, steering alignment, and performing other services required by the vehicle. See Owner’s and Driver’s Manual.
This warranty does not cover any economic loss including (without limitation), payment for the loss of time or pay, inconvenience, loss of vehicle use, vehicle rental expense, loading bills, food, other travel costs, storage charges and other incidental or consequential loss or damage.
DAMAGE DUE TO OVERLOADING, IMPROPER BODY, MODIFICATIONS OR OTHERS
Any part of a vehicle which has been subject to overloading beyond the applicable weight rating so as in any way, in the reasonable judgement of the IUNZ Authorised Dealer, to affect adversely its performance and reliability. Special bodies, body conversions or equipment not manufactured or supplied and approved by IUNZ. Any part of the vehicle which fails or malfunctions as a result of improper conversion or installation of special bodies or equipment and accessories by other manufacturers or suppliers. Any part of the vehicle which fails or malfunctions resulting from modification, alteration, tampering, disconnection, improper adjustments or repairs, installation of parts not supplied by IUNZ or its dealers.
GENUINE PARTS AND APPROVED ACCESSORIES WARRANTY
GENUINE ISUZU PARTS WARRANTY
All Genuine ISUZU Parts purchased and fitted at any IUNZ Authorised Dealer are warranted for the longer period of the remainder of the new vehicle warranty or one (1) year/20,000 kilometres (whichever occurs first). Genuine ISUZU Parts purchased from an authorised IUNZ dealer over the counter are warranted from the date of purchase for one (1) year or 20,000 kilometres whichever occurs first. Conditions apply.
APPROVED ACCESSORIES WARRANTY
Accessories Fitted To The New Vehicle
IUNZ Approved Accessories purchased and fitted at any IUNZ Authorised Dealer to the new vehicle at the time of purchase or delivery are warranted for three (3) years from date of purchase. Conditions apply.
Accessories Purchased Over The Counter
IUNZ Approved Accessories purchased from IUNZ Authorised Dealer over the counter are warranted from the date of purchase for one (1) year (unlimited kilometres) or the remainder of the New Vehicle Warranty, whichever is longer. Conditions apply*. All warranties are additional to the implied warranties under the Consumer Guarantees Act.
*Accessories must be installed by IUNZ Authorised Dealer or Agent.
THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT THE NEW ISUZU D-MAX/MU-X WARRANTY
Defects in or damage to the vehicle (including its mechanical and electrical components as well as the sheet metal, paint, trim, or other appearance items of the vehicle) may occur at the factory during assembly or while the vehicle is being transported to the dealer. Normally, any defect or damage occurring during assembly is detected and corrected at the factory during the inspection process. In addition, dealers are obligated to inspect each vehicle before delivery. They repair any uncorrected factory defects or damage and any transit damage which they detect before the vehicle is delivered to you. Any defects still present at the time the vehicle is delivered to you are covered by the warranty. If you find any such defects when you take delivery, please advise your dealer without delay and before 3,000 km.
Isuzu and its dealers reserve the right to make changes in vehicles built and/or sold by them at any time without incurring any obligation to make the same or similar changes on vehicles previously built and/or sold by them.
VEHICLE MILEAGE AT DELIVERY
Some mileage may be put on your vehicle during testing at the assembly plant, during shipping, or while at the dealer. The dealer records this mileage on the first page of this warranty booklet at delivery. To ensure you receive the full benefit of the warranties described in this booklet during the applicable warranty periods, this mileage is added to the mileage limits specified in the new Isuzu Vehicle Warranty.
SHEET METAL, PAINT, BODY TRIM, INTERIOR TRIM AND COVERINGS OR OTHER APPEARANCE ITEMS
Sheet metal, paint, body trim, interior trim and coverings or other appearance defects in your Isuzu vehicle at the time it is delivered to you are covered by this warranty. However, for your protection, if you do find any such defects, advise your IUNZ Authorised Dealer immediately, since normal wear or deterioration of your vehicle’s appearance due to its use and exposure to the elements is not covered by this warranty.
THE OWNER’S RESPONSIBILITIES
Normal maintenance services and replacement of service items as described below are the responsibility of the owner and, as such, are not considered defects in material and workmanship under the provisions of the new Isuzu Vehicle Warranty.
Weather and atmospheric conditions, varying road surfaces, individual driving habits and vehicle usage greatly contribute to the need for maintenance service. See your Owner’s and Driver’s Manual for specific maintenance instructions covering each component of the vehicle. To help you get the utmost in satisfaction and extended service from your vehicle the principal service and replacement items are summarised below.
- DIESEL PARTICULATE DEFUSER - Engines fitted with a diesel particulate defuser (DPD) require regular regeneration (self-cleaning), to maintain engine performance and to comply with emission regulations. DPD regeneration should occur automatically through normal driving. If for some reason DPD regeneration does not occur and the DPD warning lamp blinks, a running regeneration is required. Running regeneration requires the vehicle to be driven continuously at operating temperature for approximately 15 minutes at a speed greater than 50 kilometres per hour until the DPD warning lamp extinguishes. If the DPD warning lamp continues to blink or the vehicle goes into limp mode a forced DPD regeneration is required, this can be completed by any IUNZ Service Centre. Further information on the DPD can be found in the Owner’s and Driver’s Manual.
- LUBRICATION - Heat, cold, dusty conditions or unusually wet weather all contribute to the need for lubrication at regular intervals. In addition to the regular maintenance services at recommended intervals, parking brake linkage, and cab parts such as door and hood latches and hinges, weather stripping, etc., should receive attention at every oil change. As part of the periodic lubrication service, all lubricant and fluid levels should be checked.
- WHEEL ALIGNMENT AND WHEEL BALANCE - are affected by operating conditions such as hitting road holes and curbs, rapid starts and stops, tyre skidding etc. Wheel alignments and balancing contribute to longer tyre life and better vehicle handling.
- TYRE ROTATION - Rapid acceleration, quick stops, vehicle speed and loading affect tyre life and can cause uneven wear. Tyres should be rotated regularly for uniform wear and maximum life.
- BRAKE SERVICE - Brake linings are subject to wear from usage depending upon driving conditions and driving habits of each individual Check brake lining condition at the recommended intervals.
- ENGINE OIL CHANGE AND FILTERS - Change engine oil, air, fuel and oil filters at recommended intervals. Only lubricants matching Isuzu’s approved specification as listed in the Owner’s and Driver’s Manual can be used.
- DRIVE LINE OIL CHANGE - Extended use and contamination affect drive line oil. To ensure efficient operation, drive line oils should be drained and fresh oil added, and strainer (if used) replaced, at the recommended intervals. Only lubricants matching Isuzu’s approved specification as listed in the Owner’s and Driver’s Manual can be used.
- BELT ADJUSTMENT - To ensure proper performance of belt-driven components, all belts should be checked and adjusted periodically.
- CARBON DEPOSITS - Some carbon build-up is normal in the components of any engine, depending upon oil and fuel quality and operating conditions. For best results follow the oil and fuel recommendation in the Owner’s and Driver’s Manual.
- AIR CONDITIONER - Annual maintenance is necessary to ensure proper performance. Adding of refrigerant may be necessary from time to time.
- PAINT, CHROME, BODY TRIM, INTERIOR TRIM AND COVERINGS - Are affected by normal wear and exposure to the environment. Proper maintenance and care of these items can add to their appearance and durability.
- CLUTCH ADJUSTMENT - To ensure proper clutch action and extended life, adjustment should be checked periodically.
- BRAKE PADS AND SHOES - Are directly affected by driving habits and use; the replacement of brake linings and the reconditioning of brake disks and drums should be performed when necessary.
- CLUTCH DISC - Life is directly affected by driving habit and use; the replacement of clutch disc should be performed when necessary.
- FILTERS - Perform the important function of cleaning air, fuel or oil and should be replaced at recommended intervals.
- WIPER BLADES - Life is dependent upon use and the environment, they should be replaced when necessary.
- DRIVE BELTS - Wear and stretch through normal vehicle operation and will require periodic adjustment or replacement.
IUNZ ROADSIDE ASSIST
IUNZ Roadside Assistance provides you “A WORRY-FREE JOURNEY” 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year for the warranty period of your vehicle. Refer to the Terms and Conditions at the back of this booklet.
If you have a problem with your vehicle after warranty coverage has expired, we urge you to continue to return to an IUNZ Authorised Dealer for routine maintenance, problem diagnosis and repairs. IUNZ Authorised Dealers know your vehicle best and are interested in your continued satisfaction.
THE FIRST 3,000 KILOMETRE INSPECTION
The first 3,000 kilometre or three (3) months whichever occurs first inspection is performed by the selling dealer free of charge. Other IUNZ Authorised Dealers may perform this inspection on the authority of the selling dealer.
To ensure safe driving and get maximum economical operation, periodic inspection and maintenance should be performed by your IUNZ Authorised Dealer. The maintenance schedule interval is for a given distance or period of time whichever occurs first.
I: Inspect and correct or replace as necessary
R: Replace and change
T: Tighten to specific torque
ISUZU ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE PROVIDES YOU WITH “A WORRY FREE JOURNEY” 24 HOURS A DAY, 7 DAYS A WEEK, 365 DAYS A YEAR.
The four most common elements of roadside difficulty and the responses by Isuzu Roadside Assistance are:
Flat battery: We will come out and jump-start your vehicle and get you on the move as soon as possible.
Lost/Locked keys: Not a problem – we will safely access the vehicle for you or if appropriate, transport the vehicle to the nearest Isuzu dealership/place of repair.
Flat tyre: Having trouble changing that flat tyre? No problem, we will come to you and fit the spare wheel to your vehicle and assist with a referral to a reliable repairer or supplier.
Out of fuel: No worries! Delivery of 5 litres of diesel to you free of charge is all part of the service.
If the problem causing immobility is a minor mechanical or electrical breakdown Isuzu Roadside Assistance will attempt an emergency mechanical or electrical repair at the roadside to rectify the problem and mobilise your vehicle.
ISUZU UTES NEW ZEALAND LTD (hereinafter IUNZ)
All information in this warranty document is current at the time of publication. However, because of ISUZU’s policy of continual development, we reserve the right to make changes at any time without notice. All rights reserved. This material may not be reproduced or copied, in part or whole, without the written permission of Isuzu Utes New Zealand Ltd.
This document explains the warranty and service of all Isuzu vehicle standard and optional equipment installed. Due to specification difference among models, you may find that some information may not be applicable to your vehicle. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact an IUNZ Authorised Dealer or Service Centre, they will be happy to help you.